God Gives All Parents the Grace to Homeschool
Catholics believe that parents are the primary educators of their children. IT is also a basic human right for parents to educate their children. Whatever your faith, the shutting down of schools due to COVID19 is a reminder of our call, and there are plenty of gifts and challenges to rise up and answer it. Know and trust that God gives the grace needed to all parents, we just need to open our hearts, that we might run toward Jesus with open arms and receive the gifts of grace he has already given us!
Here are a few things to consider as you begin homeschooling (we homeschools all our kids).
- As a parent, God gives you the grace to be their primary educators. This is your calling and you can do it. It may just take some time to build new muscles.
- You may find you learn more about our Catholic faith educating your kids than you knew possible. What a beautiful thing!
- Homeschooled kids test above public schools and private schools, and these are all parents who felt like you feel right now at the beginning, outperforming the “experts” in education. You got this! You really do. Perseverance, prayer, joy, it is a wild and wondrous journey! Homeschool Stats.
- Finally, you may be surprised to learn what your kids have been learning in school. You may well discover why parent's have the responsibility and call to be their children's primary educators.
Please see below for homeschooling resources, many offered free right now...
- HSLDA's New to Homeschooling?
- Lists and Plans for Short Term Homeschooling
- Free Grammar and Writing Lessons from IEW
- Tips from Wildflowers and Marbles
- More Tips from Wildflowers and Marbles
This blog is spread primarily by word of mouth ... please forward with abandon! I'm an award winning author. Here are my books. Oh — I'm not on social media so to “follow” me: Subscribe and receive new posts free in the mail!